Sunday, October 18, 2015

Letter Project Reflection

1.   To be honest, I really didn't have a process. Through brainstorming, I kind of just did what came to me and picked one. Initially, I was going to draw an anchor but then I realized that it was hard to convey the letter and might be hard for others to tell so I decided on using bamboos to form the letter, which was convenient also because I actually really like pandas and it was perfect to incorporate into the drawing.

                

2.  To represent my concept visually in my design, I decided to do something that made the letter evident rather than something hard to tell. With the bamboo idea, it was clear to see that my letter was ‘T’ because there was nothing blocking it or really anything that distracted the letter from being the primary focus.



3.  Personally, I thought the most challenging aspect of this project was coloring it. Even though bamboo is green, it was really difficult to color because there are so many different shades and depending on where you want the light source, every angle of it would be a different shade of green.

4.  Honestly, I'm not that satisfied with my project. As stated above, the coloring portion was extremely difficult but I still don’t think I mastered it. I'm disappointed in the project because I had it all planned out and was really excited to complete it and see the final result but after seeing it with the colors, I don’t like it as much anymore.

5. If I can change anything about my design, I would probably spend more time on shading and coloring. If I did, the results would probably be better because the bamboo would look more realistic and be more prominent as opposed to how it currently looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment