Monday, March 21, 2016

Poster Reflection

First Version 
Final 


1. I think in terms of text and fonts, my stance is clear. Although you might not be able to necessarily see the font, if you were to zoom in, you can see that the font was meant to imitate blood which was intended to give off a sense of death. I chose the black background with empty chairs because for one, red contrasts black so it makes the red stand out. Additionally, the composition helps support my stance because fur coats are usually worn by models so I tried to replicate a model dragging the fur coat with blood being smeared. 

2. Initially, when I created the thumbnail sketches, I did not draw the layout and composition of it but my ideas stayed relatively the same throughout the process. In the end, I actually like the new result because I feel that it is quite clear what my stance is and where I stand on this controversy. 

3. On my first version, I did not have any background at all. However, on the final version, I made the background look like a catwalk but empty to portray that there is nothing glamorous about fur coats even if it is being modeled because essentially, it is still animal cruelty. I made this change because with a completely white background, it didn't seem to depict my concept as clear. 

4. In my opinion, I think I would score the highest in the category of concept because it is clear what my stance is and captures the audience's attention. I feel the least confident in the category of skills and techniques because I think that I could have blended the model and even the text and font better so it looked more merged with the background image. 

5. Conceptually, I think the most challenging aspect of the project was concepts and visuals because it is definitely possible to have many ideas but I find it difficult to convey my ideas visually and have it look appealing at the same time. 

6. The most challenging part of the project technically for me was trying to cut out or get rid of the white edges so they look clean and crisp. 

6 comments:

  1. Your stance was very clear, especially with that font. I liked how the text was placed that way, it really draws attention to the problem of poaching and killing animals for their fur. The dark colors enhanced the overall poster by focusing the image on the person and the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH, I really like your message. I know your stance clearly and the font especially made it more eye-catching. I totally agree that use of real animal fur is not good and I hope your poster would get that mesage to more people ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea and the concept. I can see your stance really clearly. However on a side note, if you were able to expand on your first version, I believe it would've been very great cause of the blood in the poster staining the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm guessing that the stance is that fur should not be used to make clothes. Animals do not need to be killed to make clothes. Also that people have no right to remove their skin because it does not belong to them. I think that is the stance

    I got the posters message very clearly. the moment i saw the the bloody message i got the idea. I liked the the blood letters because it made the idea very strong. it made me feel the pain from the animals.

    The runway enhanced the message from the poster because we look at fashion shows as an example to follow for the year so i like the idea that we should follow the idea of not using fur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The message is really powerful, especially the text with the red words to show that people murder animals for their fur. Your stance clearly shows that you do not support animal cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you chose a really good topic to argue, and I agree with it. I think your imagery is really powerful, and it definitely made me agree with your side. I like the message you wrote as well.

    ReplyDelete